RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

12 Days of Cookies: Rosemary Caramel Cookies



It's hard to believe that it's been three years now since I hosted a holiday cookie exchange with my friends...my how time flies!  I have to make a confession about that party -  a dark secret I've been holding on to for all this time.  The day before the party, several of my friends called to say they weren't able to come because they didn't have time to bake their cookies and didn't want to show up empty-handed.  This was pretty much going to wipe out most of my guest list because it was a small affair and I was faced with having to cancel the party.  It really wasn't so much about them bringing cookies or not, I really just wanted to spend time with my friends during the holidays so I decided to bake all the cookies if they would still promise to come. 

Yes, that's right.  I bribed all of my friends to come to my cookie exchange party by agreeing to bake all of the cookies myself.  I'll probably have to tie a pork chop around my neck next just to get the dog to play with me.  

The party went off without a hitch, everyone took home delicious treats and I got to enjoy the holiday baking season and share with my friends.  That's what it's all about for me. 

These Rosemary Caramel cookies are still, to this day, one of my favorite cookie recipes.  It's a delicious combination of shortbread cookies sandwiched together with rosemary infused caramel.  Unfortunately the only photos I have of them are this pre-I-want-to-learn-how-to-take-decent-food-photos blurry photo and the quick glimpse of them on the top right of the table at my cookie exchange, but don't let that discourage you from trying them.  Click the photo to be directed to the recipe and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Rosemary Caramel Cookies, compliments of Bon Appetit

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: