RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

12 Days of Cookies: Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies


My holiday cookie recipes consist mostly of tried and true favorites, alot of which date all the way back to my childhood years when my Mom and I would make goodies together for several days to fill dozens of metal tins with treats for all those who passed through our doors to enjoy.  Through the years I've amassed my own collection of vintage cookie tins and always look forward to filling them each year for friends and family.

Several years ago, I decided that I was tired of my recipes and wanted to make different cookies so I purchased several magazines touting things like "award-winning" cookies and "100 best" cookie recipes.  I spent numerous days and an insane amount of money trying out the recipes only to be disappointed in most of them.  I came to the conclusion that just because a recipe is complicated, it doesn't mean it is good.  And with the hustle and bustle of the already busy holiday season, who needs to add more complication?  I'd rather spend my time and money elsewhere, so I reverted back to alot of my old-time tried and true favorites.  I've added a few new favorites along the way but now I'm more particular about what I look for in a cookie recipe. 

This recipe for Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies involves a box of cake mix which definitely reminds me of my childhood because this is the type of cookies that I started baking with and that piqued my interest in the kitchen.  They are quick and easy which makes them perfect for kids to do mostly all by themselves.

I tracked this recipe from Pinterest to a website called Six Sisters' Stuff.  They are best right out of the oven warm, but even the next day I think you won't be able to turn them away.  The flavor of mint is perfect for the holiday season, so get your kids involved and bring some holiday cheer to your kitchen!


Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies
makes approximately 20 cookies

1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 package of Andes Mints

Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs together. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet (I used the medium sized Pampered Chef cookie scoop.)

Bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes. Don't bake any longer than that as you don't want them to be overdone (mine were perfect at 8 minutes.)
 
Take sheet out of oven and while the cookies are still very hot, place an Andes Mint on top of each cookie. In about 5 minutes, the mint will be melted.  Using a spoon, smooth out each mint like frosting.

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: