RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

It's Party Time!



If you're looking for something a little different but still yet quick and easy to prepare as an appetizer during this holiday season, try this crawfish dip from the February 2012 edition of Southern Living.

I prepared this for Boy Toy's Halloween party but feared that it wouldn't go over very well if people had never eaten crawfish.  You just never know what people are afraid of when it comes to food.   I advertised it as "seafood dip" and all those who tasted and enjoyed probed further for what was in it so I gave up my secret ingredient.   Hopefully I've spread the love and joy about the deliciousness of crawfish - it really can be likened to lobster meat, in my opinion, because it's equally as buttery and rich tasting. 

I made this on the stove and then held it in a small crockpot during the party. It worked out well for an hour or so but if you leave the crockpot turned on too long, it will eventually get too hot and become a bit too liquidy which makes for a messy dip (but as a side note, it makes for a tasty and quick dinner when tossed with pasta!)  

Hot Crawfish Dip
from Southern Living, February 2012

1/2 cup butter
1 bunch green onions, sliced (about 1 cup)
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 (1-lb.) package frozen cooked, peeled crawfish tails, thawed and undrained
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
2 teaspoons Creole seasoning (add more to taste)
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
French bread baguette slices
Garnishes: sliced green onion, chopped flat-leaf parsley

Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add green onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until bell pepper is tender. Stir in crawfish and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Serve with toasted French bread slices.
 

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: