RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Good enough for a man but....



Have you discovered the newest internet sensation, Pinterest?  Of course you have.  Everyone has.

Several of my friends discovered Pinterest early on and while they were busy making boards and finding creative things and pinning away, I stayed strong on my stance that I would NOT succumb to yet another internet addiction.  Yeah, riiiiiight.  My mighty willpower lasted all of about a month before I sneaked over to see what it was all about. 

I will admit that while I find Pinterest inspiring, it hasn't become as much of an obsession as I feared it would.  It is the digital equivalence of flipping through a magazine and ripping out pages you find interesting, and just like in real time I lay those pages aside thinking I'll eventually get around to doing/decorating/baking/cooking what ever it is and usually never do. 

I needed dinner inspiration recently so I turned to my overburdened "Recipes To Try" board on Pinterest and found this recipe from Witty in the City called "Man Pleasing Chicken"  and with a little tweaking, this kickin' quick and easy chicken made me a very happy girl! 

My package of chicken had 4 pieces, but you could probably go as high as 6 with this quantity of marinade. I removed most of the skin as well and used rosemary as my fresh herb.

Oh, and hey....don't forget to pin this recipe to your board with my easy little "Pin It" button below.  Happy pinning!


Good Enough For A Man But Made For A Woman Chicken
adapted from Witty in the City
serves 2 to 4

  • 1 package chicken thighs
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup (use the real stuff, not the fake Mrs. Buttersworth stuff)
  • 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • about 4-5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • about 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as rosemary, thyme or sage
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and arrange chicken in pan.  Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. 

In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, mustard and vinegar.  Pour marinade over chicken and turn the pieces a few times to coat them really well.

Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and chicken has that nice roasted look.  Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes. 

Plate chicken with a few spoonsful of sauce, some fresh herbs and chopped bacon.  Enjoy!




Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: