RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Brrrrrrrrr!




We're entering the third straight week of below average temperatures here in the Carolinas. My family has been covered up with snow in the mountains of Tennessee and I cannot even imagine the frigid temperatures in the northern and midwestern states.

I think those people standing on a frosty, ice covered soapbox while touting the dangers of global warming should be careful they don't fall off the box as they step down and retreat to cooler temperatures, because we are not convinced of your cause at the moment. But I'm sure, in some cosmic way, all the hairspray I pumped into the ozone back in the 80's is somehow to blame for the icicles hanging from the eaves of my house today. Whatever. Just give me something warm and comforting to eat. And a Snuggie.

This home-style chicken casserole is just the thing to warm your soul and thaw your extremities. It's the casserole that always makes me think of my Granny because she used to make this when she was with us and my grandmother even made it for the family this past Christmas dinner. It's moist, rich and creamy right out of the hot oven and if the thought of that isn't enough to give you the warm fuzzies and make your teeth stop chattering, I don't know what will!

Bundle up, sit by the fire and watch it snow and stay warm with a piping hot serving of creamy home-style chicken casserole.



Chicken Casserole

1 stick butter
1/4 cup onion -- chopped
1 package herb stuffing mix
1 each chicken -- cooked & boned
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can chicken broth

Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and saute until soft (about 5 minutes). Add chicken, stuffing, soup, and half of the broth. Mix well and pour into a 9x13 baking dish, spreading to cover the bottom. Pour remaining broth over top of mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Source:
"Alison"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note: You can use any "cream of" soup that you'd like. Cream of celery, mushroom or chicken. If you don't feel like cooking and boning a chicken, just pick one up from the deli section of your grocery store.

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: