RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

All Dressed Up....


I'll admit that I was a bit melancholy to celebrate the passing of 2009 but as I donned my party hat and horn, raised a champagne toast and watched time fade into the last strokes of midnight, I suddenly became anxious to see what the new year would bring. Last year held nothing but fabulous experiences and I have no doubt that the upcoming year will be full of the same.

I had my pick of New Year's Eve parties to attend and in the end I chose my good friend Richard's Black and White themed party. I had one last uber hot party dress and lots of Bling! in my closet that fit the dress code requirements perfectly. And since the invitation stated to also bring food and a bottle of bubbly to share (as if I would share that!), I decided to take along a batch of black and white Tuxedo Brownies. Only a food dork would think to color coordinate her food offering according to party rules.

As 2009 disappeared into the rear view mirror, so did these tasty little bite-sized morsels. Bake up a batch, settle in, and welcome the new year, new decade, and new experiences!








* Exported from MasterCook *

Tuxedo Brownie Cups

Serving Size : 48
Categories : Dessert-Bars

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
2 squares white chocolate for baking -- 1 oz each
2 tablespoons milk
1 package cream cheese -- softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup frozen whipped topping -- thawed
1 pint small strawberries -- sliced
orange zest, mint leaves, melted semi-sweet chocolate for baking (optional)

Preheat oven to 325. Spray mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Using small scoop, place level scoop of batter in each cup, filling 2/3 full. Bake 14 mins or until edges are set (do not overbake).

Remove pan to cooling rack. Immediately press tops of brownies with mini tart shaper to make indentions (if you don't have the tart shaper, use your thumb to gently press down the center of the brownie). Cool in pan 15 mins. Loosen edges and gently remove brownies from pan. Cool completely. Wash pan. Spray with cooking spray and repeat baking with remaining batter.

Microwave white chocolate and milk uncovered on high 1 min; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Gradually stir in white chocolate mixture until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.

Fill decorator bag fitted with rosette tip with cream cheese mixture. Pipe mixture into cooled brownie cups. Arrange strawberry slices on top. Garnish as desired (I drizzled melted chocolate over them). Place in airtight container and refrigerate for 1-3 hours before serving.

Source:
"The Pampered Chef Celebrate! cookbook"
Yield:
"4 dozen"

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: