RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Refreshing!



























It thrills me when the May and June brides book us for their wedding reception and insist on having lemonade served because we don't serve just any old lemonade. No sir! Thanks to this recipe from allrecipes.com, Ginger Infused Lemonade has earned its rightful place on our drink menu. I personally prefer my lemonade to be a bit sweeter than how this was originally written, hence my notes about adding anywhere from 1/2 cup to a full cup more (I'm a true Southern gal, ya know). I have also successfully used crystallized ginger in this recipe. And P.S.....I'm actually quite proud of this photo that I took. Probably the prettiest one on my blog so far!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Ginger Lemonade

Serving Size : 1 gallon
Categories : Drinks

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 cups sugar -- 3 to 4 depending on taste
4 quarts water
14 slices fresh ginger root
4 cups fresh lemon juice
2 lemon -- sliced

In an 8 quart saucepan combine sugar, water, and ginger root. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

Stir in lemon juice. Cool 15 mins. Remove ginger. Refrigerate lemonade at least 1 hour, or until chilled.

Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon slices.

Source:
"allrecipes.com"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Prefer 3-1/2 to 4 cups of sugar

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: