RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Just For The Halibut


The sweltering hot summer months find me steering away from preparing heavier cuts of meat such as beef or chicken for dinner and opting for more seafood entrees. Fish and shrimp are super quick and easy to prepare so you're in and out of the kitchen in a flash and not slaving over a hot stove for so long. I was even surprised to learn that some of the flash-frozen fish can be cooked from a frozen state, so thawing is not necessary. Am I the only person who didn't know this?

And you guessed it ~ this is yet another recipe containing fresh garden vegetables (I seriously think my squash is multiplying like rabbits.)  Halibut is my fish of choice for most recipes because it's firm and mild in taste, but feel free to use any firm, white fleshed fish in this recipe from an old back issue of Cooking Light.   I like sea bass too, but since it's over-fished and politically incorrect to buy I have to keep that little secret to myself.  When I see it on a restaurant menu, I sometimes order it just for the hell of it. 


Halibut with Summer Vegetables

Serving Size : 4
Categories : Seafood

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 - 6 oz. striped halibut fillet
1/2 teaspoon salt -- divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil -- divided
cooking spray
1 cup yellow squash -- julienned
1 cup zucchini -- julienned
1 cup carrot -- julienned
1 cup red onion -- vertically sliced
3/4 cup fennel stalk -- julienned
1/4 cup fresh basil -- chopped
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cloves garlic -- minced

Sprinkle fish with 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper.

Heat 1 tsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from skillet; keep warm.

Combine 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp oil, squash, and next 8 ingredients and toss well. Wipe skillet with paper towel; recoat with cooking spray. Add veggie mixture; and saute 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve fish over veggies.

Source:
"Cooking Light"

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: