RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Taste the Caribbean

If I could spend my days frolicking with the Boy Toy in the Caribbean sand, I would.

But since I have bills to pay and the sand chafes me, I'll settle for being reminded of the Caribbean with these yummy fresh fruit and chicken kabobs.

Quick and easy to make, these kabobs are perfect for the grill and keeping you out of the kitchen during this blazing hot summer.

If you don't have the time to marinate, just baste them with the glaze while grilling but I do recommend marinating if you have the time ~ since the marinade ingredients are so light, it adds a little more depth to the flavor. I like to serve these with a simple side dish like rice or a green vegetable and a light salad.

Simplicity. Deliciousness. The next best thing to building sand castles in the Caribbean with the Boy Toy. Almost.


Caribbean Chicken Kabobs

Serves 6

1-3/4 cups honey
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup fresh ginger
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
4 pounds boned and skinned chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
6 each plums -- pitted & quartered
4 cups fresh pineapple -- cubed
2 cups coconut, toasted

Combine first four ingredients. Skewer chicken and fruit then use half of the marinade to marinate chicken for several hours or overnight. Grill, turning and brushing frequently with remaining marinade. When chicken is done, roll in toasted coconut.

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: