RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Have I mentioned this before?



I hate to be redundant, but some things are just worth repeating ad nausem, like this seafood paella originally posted by Meeta of What's for Lunch Honey?

I've been searching for a good source of mussels ~ either fresh or frozen ~ and short of making a special trip to the ritzy side of town, I haven't had much luck here on this side of the tracks. During the height of the holiday shopping season, I was forced to walk into the one place on Earth that I hate abhor (I know that's a strong word to use, but if you knew how long I lived with having that as my only source for pretty much everything, you'd understand my aversion) and was pleasantly surprised to see the cryovac packages of frozen mussels in the seafood department just like I used to buy from my food purveyor when I had the catering business. I tossed a few in my cart and finished my shopping while visions of paella for dinner danced in my head.

I was so proud of myself for being able to walk through those doors, buy what I needed, and get out without having a panic attack that I called the Greek Goddess and asked if she'd like to partake in the delicious bounty. I don't even need to tell you what her answer was. Paired with a crisp chilled Chardonnay, a fresh green salad and lots of girl talk with your bestest friend, it was a lovely way to spend the evening.

If you'll click here and try the recipe, I promise I'll never speak of it again. Maybe.

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: