RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Happy Mother's Day


I may not have actually given birth to the furry being with four little feet that creates the pitter-patter sounds throughout my house but that doesn't make me any less deserving of a special Mother's Day treat. All those nights of easing his fears of thunder storms and all things that go "bump" in the night, the guidance of trying to teach him right from wrong, and the constant companionship and unconditional love that he provides me gives us a relationship that rivals most traditional mother/son relationships.

And so it was that I enjoyed a special Mother's Day breakfast just like the majority of "real" mother's out there. Oh, sure I had to prepare it myself but Jesse James did his part by sitting beside me the whole time watching diligently for any wayward crumbs or falling morsels of food. I know he would have also gladly done his part to help clean the plate had I let him but I took care of cleaning up as well. It's the thought that counts, though.

Stonewall Kitchen has an extensive line of excellent products ranging from sweet to savory and everything else in between. I carried alot of their products when I owned the gourmet food market and two of my favorites were the Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix and Maine Maple Syrup. Coupled with sun-ripened strawberries picked by my very own self just yesterday from the Springs Farm in Fort Mill, SC, it was the perfect way to celebrate the special relationship that Jesse boy and I have.

The mix comes together very easily with the addition of eggs, melted butter and milk or water and there are two recipe variations depending on whether you want pancakes or waffles. I love the crispy texture of waffles and the way those square divots perfectly hold and absorb the sticky sweet syrup. If you're eager to venture out of the traditional waffle and syrup routine, you're in luck. Stonewall Kitchens carries no less than 8 pancake and waffle mixes and 9 flavors of syrup all perfect for mixing and matching and making breakfast a special meal every day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you, no matter who you consider to be your offspring!

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: