RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Solicitation



It happens every single day.

Unwanted solicitations stuffed into my mail box and newspaper box. I even find them stuck in my front door. Security systems. House painters. Avon products. Lawn care. You name it. Just yesterday I witnessed someone {covertly walking a dog so as not to appear to be soliciting} just ready to stuff yet another enticement destined to be blown about my yard by the wind and when I called out to please not put that in my box, she looked at me like I had some nerve asking her to take her business elsewhere.

As much as I detest unwanted soliciting myself, why do I find myself committing the very same act here today with you, my dear readers? Because POM Wonderful is a fabulous product and I think you should drop everything you're doing right this very minute and run out, buy a bottle, and make yourself some out-of-this-world delicious pomegranate gelato. Or perhaps you'd enjoy a refreshing cocktail. And if neither one of these is enough to tempt your palate, check back in a few days for yet another pomegranate inspired recipe.

I found this recipe on the Epicurious website while trying to find some great uses for my free case of pomegranate juice kindly given to me by the folks at POM Wonderful. Even though pomegranates are fall and winter fruits, the juice makes it easy to be enjoyed year round - perfect for rich and creamy gelato during the warm summer months.

If you see me out canvassing nonchalantly walking my dog in your neighborhood, you're gonna hope and pray that I come to your door and share this delicious treat. In the meantime, check your mailbox because I may have been kind enough to stuff a copy of this recipe in there.


Pomegranate Gelato
Yield: 1 quart

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups bottled pomegranate juice
1/3 cup pomegranate liqueur such as PAMA
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Special equipment: an ice cream maker


Preparation: Whisk together cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking occasionally, then boil, whisking, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients.

Transfer to a bowl and chill, uncovered, until cold, at least 1 hour.

Freeze in ice cream maker, then transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 2 hours.

Soften gelato slightly in refrigerator, about 20 minutes, before serving.

Cook's notes:
•Cream mixture (before churning) can be chilled, covered, up to 1 day ahead.
•Gelato keeps 1 week.

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: