RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

It's One Thing Or Another....

The title of this post serves two purposes. First, it describes why, on some days, I cannot seem to get my own dinner on the table after spending hours in the catering kitchen preparing dinner for other people. It's always one thing or another that gets in the way and I wind up throwing something together. And I'm not ashamed to admit that sometimes even I use a convenience product in order to get dinner on the table. *Shudder* Secondly, it describes what happens to the few odds and ends leftover scraps from catering jobs. They start out as one thing and then quickly become another....

Take this semi-homemade pizza for example. I found this prefabricated Boboli pizza crust in my freezer the other day, along with a jar of marinara sauce in the pantry. Coupled with some leftover already assembled ingredients from a catering job, I had dinner on the table in a flash. In an effort to follow along with Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade mantra of 90% store-bought and 10% homemade (or whatever it is she touts), I did add some fresh basil and oregano from my herb garden.

Semi-Homemade Pizza

2.8 ounce can French-fried onions, crushed
3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 cups shredded Swiss or mozzarella cheese
handful of sliced pepperoni, diced
your favorite marinara sauce or pizza sauce
1 Boboli pizza crust
fresh herbs, such as basil or oregano, chopped

In a bowl, combine the onions, bacon, mayonnaise, pepperoni and Swiss cheese. Set aside.

Spread marinara sauce on the pizza crust to within about 3/4" of the edge of the crust Top with cheese mixture and fresh herbs. Bake on a pizza stone or directly on oven shelf at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: