RSS

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and after spending 7 years as a personal chef and caterer, I am now happy to share my love of cooking with friends and family. My heart is in the kitchen, but my soul is in the stars!

Dining Alone

As a person who spends copious amounts of time alone, eating alone is something that I've grown accustomed to doing. Most people will tell you they detest sitting alone in a restaurant while other patrons are partnered up, eating and enjoying the company and conversation of another. People who dine alone at home often say that they don't even bother with preparing an actual meal, opting to just snack instead, because it's too much trouble for just one person. I'd venture to say that most don't even bother sitting down to eat. I like to cook and I like to eat. So much so, that I wouldn't dream of denying myself the pleasure of a good meal just because there isn't another person around. I usually keep a magazine or book in my car to occupy myself with when I'm alone in a restaurant. And as far as dining alone at home, that never happens because I always have the company of my taste testers. And I bet if I looked closely enough, I could find a few others who are willing to share my table. Only today I found these lovelys willing to keep me company.....


Bambi

The Geico Guy


I mentioned yesterday that I was on a roll with my menu planning and I'm proud to admit that I'm holding steady to my plan of action. Today's menu wasn't quite as involved as yesterday's, but I enjoyed it much more. I decided to go vegetarian with a recipe loosely based on one clipped from Bon Appetit called Herb-Roasted Eggplant with Tomatoes & Feta. I had a few extra veggies in the fridge and decided to throw those into the mix as well and I only roasted them for about 30 minutes because I like just a bit of crunch and texture. To make clean up a little easier, put a piece of parchment paper down on the roasting pan before you toss the veggies.

my bounty before it went into the oven

Dinner is served....

Roasted Vegetables with Greek Feta

1 large eggplant, cut into 1" cubes
4 large Roma tomatoes, cored, quartered lengthwise
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
5 or 6 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup sherry vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used the one with Greek herbs)

Preheat oven to 450. Place parchment paper on roasting pan and toss veggies together with oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve over couscous with a garden salad and enjoy the company of others, no matter who they are!

Pin It
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: